Blog Entry

What are you doing for summer?

Monday 14 June 2010 by PD , under



Everytime I bug my Father to go for vacation during the summer our conversation either ends with, 'I have a lot of work, next time ensha'Allah' or if I'm bugging him about letting me travelling alone or with my friends it ends with, 'No, you can travel alone once you're married and with your husband' - *sigh*

Somethings you need to learn to live with. And accept. Let's see, maybe when my brother is free we'll plan something with him.

So basically although I'm off for summer I wont be truly vacationing.. Don't get me wrong, I love the UAE, it's just that I need a break.

Ive busied myself with other things, attending some classes at Dubai Ladies Club organised by Al Huda Sisters. Listening to re-caps of tafseer at my older Qurán school. Spending time with the neice and nephew, catching up with friends and basically trying to make the most of the free time I have. I plan to visit the beach [Yes, I know it is hot] but I haven't been to the beach in ages!

4 Responses to 'What are you doing for summer?'

14 June 2010 at 14:53

Comment by Al-ain Rose.

'No, you can travel alone once you're married and with your husband'

The story of my life...everything I'm planning to achieve or do is somehow associated with getting married...sad..very sad

15 June 2010 at 01:30

Comment by PD.

And I hate it. I mean, my Parents are very lenient alhamdulilah when it comes to doing things.. as long as it is in the UAE. *sigh* All my friends tend to travel outside with their friends.

15 June 2010 at 06:24

Comment by H.

Found you! :-)

17 June 2010 at 01:17


Its interesting- I don't know how marriage is supposed to make me 'safer' when travelling alone when my husband is 6000kms away. Highly recommended, this marriage crap. LOL.

I'm not doing much this summer- just done with some exams last week, busy at work and planning on a UK visit to meet up with my husband soon, Insha'Allah. Have my sister's wedding coming up too... busy summer, VEWY VEWY BE-ZEEE!