Blog Entry

48 Degrees

Friday 16 July 2010 by PD , under ,


I took this picture yesterday when I was driving just for the heck of it. [Well not really, i posted it up on facebook]. I've lived in UAE since I was born so I'm fairly used to the heat but every time Summer comes and the temperatures start rising up it still takes a little getting used to at first. And it's the numbers which are usually the take of the town. 

'What's the temperature today?' 50? Did it go higher than 50?'

I'm sure it actually goes higher than 50 a lot of the time but the official temperature somehow stays '49'. 

3 Responses to '48 Degrees'

16 July 2010 at 10:29

Comment by Al-ain Rose.

Ha 50?? It's diffenetly more than 50 C!! say 60 or eve 70 it's something unbearable, I don't know when these few months are gonna fuck off...too much..seriously...you cannot have a good time even at indoor places with the AC systems working inside, ACs aren't functioning well due to this killing weather..you cannot start a simple task and you find yourself dripping with sweat.

17 July 2010 at 09:25

Comment by H.

'Coz at 50C, UAE is officially supposed to close down for the day.

17 July 2010 at 09:31

Comment by PD.

Al Ain, same hereee, Our A/C wasn't working properly for the past few days and now we got it fixed alhamdulilah but even car A/C's are awful. :(

H, lol, I know. And I suspect that is the main reason. They don't want to close down anything.